Diablo Canyon Decommissioning Engagement Panel
|Date||February 18, 2021|
|Comment / Suggestion:|
These are my recommendation for the repurposing of PG&E lands after decommissioning:
1. Extend Montana de Oro State Park south to the lighthouse and east to Perfumo Canyon and the town of Avila Beach.
2. Establish back-country hiking trails and hike-in/overnight campgrounds.
3. Extend Pecho Valley Road to the power plant access road, allowing tourist, campers and park users to drive and bike unobstructed through the park.
4. Have State Parks establish a kiosk at both entrances to the park to collect revenue to help maintain the park and roadway.
5. Build a coastal campground with hook-ups and tent sites.
6. Build a trail that becomes a section of the California Coastal Trail.
Thank you for your hard work,
|Group Affiliation, if any (Optional)||Retired State Park Supervising Ranger|
|Support Information / Attachments|